As of midnight tonight every person in South Australia will go into a six day lockdown to enable us to get ahead of the Parafield Cluster. I will endeavour to keep you updated with information as it comes to hand from the South Australian authorities.
Please see the below update from www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/response.
As you are probably now aware South Australia will be implementing a circuit breaker from 12:01am Thursday, 19 November 2020 for the next six days aiming to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our state.
Official Directions will be published, and instructions will be provided in further detail later in the day as the situation progresses.
Please remain calm and we will provide further detail as soon as we can.
South Australia will pause, and people will need to remain at home for the next six days.
The following list is not complete, we are currently working through the restrictions but are current at the time of this post.
The following will be permitted to remain OPERATIONAL to maintain critical services only:
* Critical infrastructure including power, telecommunications, water;
* Supermarkets for essential food;
* Bottle shops;
* Medical supplies and medical services;
* Public transport;
* Airport and essential freight;
* Petrol stations;
* Post offices and banking institutions;
* Child care and schools for essential services workers only;
* Essential agriculture services;
* Factories remain open for essential machinery upkeep and production of essential products only;
* Mining and smelting for continuity and to prevent damage.
People will only be able to leave the house for the following reasons:
* To go to work as an emergency services worker or to work providing essential services;
* For agricultural work;
* To receive medical care including seeking COVID-19 testing;
* To obtain medical supplies;
* One person from the household once a day to attend supermarkets to obtain essential supplies;
* Organised end of life visits;
* In an emergency situation.
Masks should be worn outside of the home at all times.
*NOTE – You cannot leave your home to exercise
The following businesses will CLOSE:
* Takeaway food services;
* Shops (excluding essential food services);
* Universities and tertiary education facilities;
* Pubs, restaurants, cafés, food courts;
* Elective surgery, except cancer;
* Open inspections and auctions;
* Fly in fly out worker;
* Aged care and disability facilities will go into lockdown;
* Construction industry;
* Holiday homes and other holiday accommodation and no further bookings;
* Wedding and funerals cancelled and banned;
* Outdoor sport/fitness/exercise not permitted;
* Regional travel not permitted
Please remain calm and be patient while we work together to get this information out to the community of South Australia.
You will need to wait for further information in relation to this however, if you have any pressing questions in relation to COVID-19 information please contact the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
Reminder of Key Resources
SA COVID-19 updates – www.covid-19.sa.gov.au or call 1800 253 787
Federal Government updates – www.australia.gov.au
This website is regularly updated to give you the latest Coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
Economic Assistance – www.treasury.gov.au
All the fact sheets on individual and business economic assistance measures are available here.
Business Support – www.business.gov.au or call 13 28 46
Find financial assistance, eligibility and timing for government support for Australian businesses.
If you have any feedback or questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to this email or give one of my offices a call on the phone numbers listed below. I always welcome residents’ feedback.
Rowan Ramsey MP
Federal Member for Grey